Monday, August 11, 2008

WOOHOO!


That about sums up the last week! While I could write a blog and a half about the process itself, the best part is this: I HAVE MY MASTER'S DEGREE. Past that, it's all details! Ma and Pa came from WI for the big event, as shown in a couple of the pictures below. The day itself (Thursday, August 7th) was great: the presentation went smoothly, the feedback was overwhelming, and the celebration yummy!

The first day my parents were in town (after I had literally missed 2 exits on the highway trying to get ourselves to a simple restaurant), gave me a GPS system (a Garmin Nüvi) for graduating. Perfect timing!
We visited a ton of spots south of Castle Rock throughout the week: Royal Gorge Bridge, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Garden of the Gods. Thankfully, My Nüvi really helped us figure out where to go!

Here's an awesome picture from between the wooden planks of the Royal Gorge Bridge! Sweet!
I really love zoos, but I had no idea how MUCH I loved Zoos until I visited this mountain zoo! And giraffes - did I mention giraffes!? I could have stayed there all week!
After my big ole Master's presentation (my CAP), we went to Buca di Beppo, an awesome Italian restaurant with a celebratory ambiance! There were pictures of Sinatra everywhere (the focus of my CAP), so it was a perfect end to an amazing journey!
WOOHOO!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Congratulations! You better get paperwork in for your salary matrix hike! Woo-hoo for you!