Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Conquer Not

I knew we were getting down to the very last thoughts in the bottle, but we're actually down to the last 10! I've been pulling a thought from the thought jar since January 1, 2009, and this morning I just had to know how many were left inside. The sheer routine of posting each day has been therapeutic at times, taxing at others, overall - amusing! Whatever shall I do on day 11? :o) Ideas!?

He who angers you conquers you. Elizabeth Kenny

Ah, learned this one the hard way YEARS ago. Oh wait, I learn this lesson just about every week. I am reminded of this again and again and...like when people at work can't figure out how to get their dishes from the table to the dishwasher. I must strive to understand that there must be an invisible shield, preventing them from bypassing the counter or sink, and allowing them to place their food-filled dishes in the big, water-filled box that cleans things.

OR when my downstairs neighbors play touch-football in their living room. I must not let their shouts, tackles, and full-contact body slams anger me. I should focus on the fact that the more they exercise, the more they will realize their apartment is too small, and that they must move to a larger abode...as soon as possible.

OR...okay, enough of this. Anger? Gone. I shall not be conquered.

No comments: