Thursday, July 30, 2009

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner

My home needed some flowers.
A blast of beauty. An infusion of color.

Breakfast: a calm, quiet morning meeting at Panera with my friend Nicole and her new daughter, Emma Isabella. Lovely name, darling baby. She just slept in my arms for the better part of almost 2 hours. What a calm way to begin the day. Helped me remember to keep the bigger things in mind and to just sloooooooow down . . . .

Lunch: Well, picture the exact opposite of breakfast. No really. Lunch with the Legg Family (4, 7, 9) at Chick-Fil-A was an action-packed, chicken-nugget filled, balloon-floating, sibling-fighting, volume extravaganza. We actually tried to throw in some tech time on the computer in the middle of an over-crowded, obnoxious public restaurant. Brilliant.

Dinner: After a well-needed chop chop of my hair, I'm seated at the computer, once again in quietness. I'm working on building up my patience level. Reinforcing the fact that getting myself worked up about the details of my busy life isn't worth it. Now, if only I could find a sleeping baby to hold...

No comments: