Monday, September 7, 2009

The Joys of Summer

Nothing better than sweet corn in summer!

Have I mentioned how much I love living 
in a 3rd story apartment?  The views are phenomenal!

This picture was taken during our Spring Choir Concert in June.  Katie's dad was serving in the military away from home, so they brought a cardboard cut-out of him to the concert!  You should have seen the look on my face when I noticed the cut-out...stuck to the wall of the gym, high above the audience.   Finally got to meet him in person at the Rapids Game - thank you for your service to our country!

Brenda's technology drawer BEFORE....

...Brenda's technology drawer AFTER!

Loving the fresh flowers.  A must!

CREEPY paint/tape job on my apartment.  
The jury is still out on the colors.... 

The outside is looking nice with the brick and all, but the hallways are sort of mush/brown/poo color.  Enchanting.  I've always wanted to live in a cave.  :o(

A surprise treat from a family at school...

A little background:  last week, I wanted S'Mores.  And all I had at home were the marshmallows.  SO, I stuck them on the end of a fondue stick, and set them on fire with my candle-lighter flamethrower.  Probably not the best activity to do while indoors...and sitting on my couch!  HA!

SO, the family brought me some real S'mores!
(Note the fine print:  Campfire not included.)  HA!

Remember Baby John?  Here he is with his big sister, Abbey!  What little darlings!

No comments: