Sunday, February 21, 2010

A FUN-draising Evening!

What. A. Night.  The Lasagna Dinner at Bethany tonight - a fundraiser for the youth - was a HOOT!  Oh, my goodness.  I needed to just laugh like this - enjoy some entertainment and just laugh.  Thanks to Sarah for all the great pics!

And the fun begins...Ruth Ann and I practicing our
  Joplin Jive.  Or just laughing.  A bit'o'both, I suppose!
  
This was just after we switched places on the bench.

McKenna and Chelsea, our Irish Dancers.
I can SO kick higher than both of them.  Not.

Lauren was a HOOT, singing "Taylor, the Latte Boy" - a song made popular by Kristin Chenoweth.  FUNNY!  All about a girl who comes into a coffee shops and adores the boy making her latte.  He does NOT return her affection - oh, Lauren was great!

Ah, Taylor, the Latte Boy himself.  Well, really 
this is Zach, and his rebuttal was hysterical!

Our table of fun, food and friends!  
Salad, bread, lasagna, brownies.  Awesome.

Hula Macarena.  I kid you not.  We all jumped up and tried to remember the moves none of us have done (much less in public) since the mid-1990s!  This little munchkin kept that thing swinging the entire song.  I SO could have done that.  While on stage.  NOT.

Is this not darling?!  Grandpa (our choir director) 
and his Grandson singing "High Hopes".

Ready, set...ACTION! We were laughing so hard...

"Go eat peas...serve some carrots!"  And this would be Pastor Ron, the Carrot. He calls me at 1:30 pm this afternoon and asks me to find "The Carrot Anthem" on the YesToCarrots website. (I can't make this stuff up!) Well, game on!  Found it, watched the YouTube video (you have to click on this link - hysterical) and he performs the song in full costume.  Always something amusing at Bethany!   

1 comment:

Allikaye's Mama said...

Oh how fun! I love that Latte Song!! And I love seeing your big smile in those pictures...so happy!