Saturday, March 27, 2010

Things I've Learned Today

Things I've learned today:

If you leave your punch-ball too close to your running vacuum cleaner, the two WILL make contact.  I've also learned that a burning rubber band makes an AWESOME smell in your home.  One smell that NO Febreeze spray bottle can even come close to touching.

I've learned that America Supports You, little brother, and so do I!   Care packages on the way to Haiti, filled with the most BOY things I have ever purchased in my life.  I've also learned that the teenager who checked out my items at Target couldn't help but raise his eyebrows when the multiple packs of Beef Jerky and Men's Fitness magazines were set upon the counter.  Bring it.  

I've learned that randomly playing with hair gel on a 
Saturday makes me look like Boy George.  Bad move.

I've learned that rubber bands no longer come in normal colors or normal packaging, and that this sweet rubber ball is almost too cool to use.  Almost.  I will keep it away from any vacuum cleaners, however...

I've learned that if you ask, you shall receive.  Christie, one of my parents at FSE, rounded up 70...SEVENTY...pairs of shoes for Soles4Souls!  SEVENTY!  She owns a local store, They Just Keep Growing, which is an awesome consignment and boutique for kiddos.  Amazing generosity!  THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow! You learned a lot today...vacuum cleaner + rubber ball...been there. That sucks! Loving the Boy George hair!! I think you should rock that out at school...