Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beauty and the Bit

It is  66 degrees at 5 pm on a Sunday evening.  

Life is good here in Colorado.

The Colorado sky was absolutely amazing today.  
A sky filled with hope!

One of the following two things have been happening:  either my dear hearts have become too rough with their classroom instruments OR seven years of happy use has started to show itself, because my xylophone pegs are beginning to break.  Snap.  Wear down.  Self-destruct. 

C  pegs?  Broken.  D peg?  Standing tall.  

Doot doot doo dooooo!
Brenda and a power tool!  
This could be a very baaaaaad idea....

Did I mention the beauty found above?

So, after using the power drill to clean out the old peg, I would carefully fill the hole with Krazy Glue, and insert the new peg.  Worked just fine.  Other than those 2 minutes where I thought I would be permanently attached to a classroom instrument.  But other than that, all is well.  

Ta-da!!  I'm one happy camper for having thought this one through - I couldn't dig the old pegs out (they were rubber and just laughed at me) so this seemed to be a workable solution.  The kids will be very happy to have their tone bars stay in place!

Things were going JUST fine, 
until the drill bit got stuck in the 6th hole.  
And the power drill battery died.
And then I pulled.   To the side.
And snapped off the drill bit in the instrument.
Are we surprised?!

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Bren, this made me laugh out loud - truly! You are so fun. I'm sooooo glad you decided to make Bethany your home. We are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo blessed to have you.