Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Heart Enlightened

Each day, I receive an e-mail from the ELCA with a daily reading from the Bible.  An excerpt from today's prose:

"...so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened,
you may know what is the hope to which he has called you..."
Ephesians 1:18

May 27th is always a calendar date I greet with mixed emotions.  We all celebrate Birth dates.  Well, this is more of a Death date, which I know sounds rather depressing from someone who is usually quite cheerful.  5 years.  I wrote a bit about the surgery last year, "2 mg of Perspective".  FIVE years ago today my life changed forever. 

"...so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened,
you may know what is the hope to which he has called you..."
Ephesians 1:18

Today is incredibly packed with appointments, performances, conversations, and a million other details.  Thankfully, just about each of those moments will be spent with two things:  MUSIC and CHILDREN.  Nothing enlightens my heart more than these two joys of my life.  Surgery or no surgery, these are the things that give me the hope to which I have been called,  and allow today to still be a celebration of sorts.  The photo in today's post is from this year's Easter Vigil, and is an awesome reminder to me of the Resurrection - another point of hope for people of Christian faith.  A reminder that our life on Earth isn't all there is, or all there will be.   

"...so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened,
you may know what is the hope to which he has called you..."
Ephesians 1:18

No comments: