Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Found a Kazoo

Tuesday, May 18th, 2010 - welcome to my world:  Found a kazoo in my pocket this morning. I believe this meant 1 of 2 things: either today was going to be a hoot, or today was going to blow.  The play by play...


Blow. Left my lunch in the fridge at home.


Hoot. Giant Pirate flag on my desk at school for our upcoming concert! Arrrgh-right!


Blow. Really blow. Tornado watch in Douglas County kind of blow. Nothing says joy like a bunch of scared elementary school kiddos, huddling together in the dark. Where's my flashlight...that kazoo might come in handy yet...


Hoot.  A second grader brought in his plant to show me today.  A plant.  From Lowe's. A plant!  Brought it on the bus, kept it at his desk all day, and then brought it to music.  SO funny.  AND, he was very concerned about his plant during the tornado drill, so there I stood, holding this ridiculous plant while he tucked and ducked.  My colleagues found this rather amusing...


Hoot. Watch still in effect, we're back in the classroom.  Kids much calmer. I told them I'd be right back - I was going to quickly use the restroom. They asked, "Didn't you just go yesterday?" Why yes, I believe I did. Didn't know there was a limit!

No comments: