Friday, August 20, 2010

50 days, 10,000+ pounds

These days, I'm busy maintaining two blogs: my personal one, The Cheese Stands Alone, and the Hunger Relief Day blog. While I've always had a link to the HRD blog on the sidebar of this blog, I just had to share two exciting posts with you tonight: our 50th Day post and our Big Food News!

Day 50. Dollar 50.
Marking the halfway point
on a journey toward wholeness.

Living with Christ and in the communion of saints,
we grow in faith, love and obedience to the will of God.

Let your light so shine before others that they may
see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

You took on the Hunger Relief Day challenge, letting people
know that fighting hunger was not a pipe dream after all.

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your
welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope."

"In the night in which he was betrayed, our Lord Jesus took bread, and gave thanks; broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying: Take and eat; this is my body give for you, Do this for the remembrance of me."

You are playing a key role in helping end hunger right here in Denver!

We are called to act with justice, We are called to love tenderly,
We are called to serve one another, To walk humbly with God.

Day 50. Dollar 50. Pursue peace with everyone, and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God. (Hebrews 12: 14-15)

God of Grace, you have given us minds to know you, hearts to love you, and voices to sing your praise. Fill us with your Spirit, that we may celebrate your glory and worship you in spirit and truth, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.


~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say REJOICE!

Between additional food donations and the
food
breakdown event, we delivered another
2,625 lbs
to Metro CareRing this past week!


Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say REJOICE!

This means we have officially passed the 10,000 lb mark!

Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say REJOICE!

Our collection total as of Friday, August 20th is
10,304 pounds and counting!


Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say REJOICE!

Imagine the number of pounds we will be able to
collect between now and October 10, 2010!
AMEN!

Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say REJOICE!

No comments: