Monday, December 15, 2014

A New Season

Big changes in the life of Brenda Lynn.

Here is the letter that was sent to my school community today.  Adventures ahead!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---  --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Date:  Monday, 15 December 2014
From:  Brenda Greenwald (Ms. G) - Music

My Dear Flagstone Families,

I write you this letter to let you know that the 2014-15 school year will be my last at Flagstone. 

You have been my community and home since we began together at Rock Ridge, and then moved to this neighborhood.  Flagstone was a mere field of dirt when I joined the Planning Team for this unnamed “Elementary School #40” back in 2002.  I still marvel at how many roads and homes have been built since then.  And with each home came another family to meet, another musician to guide, another child to love.

My season at Flagstone has come to an end.  I have been called to go in a direction of which I’ve been passionate for many years:  in Fall of 2015, I am leaving for Seminary in California.  While music and education will always be a deep and fulfilling part of my life, it is time for me to be the student, rather than the teacher.

Rest assured, I will wholeheartedly be with you until the end of this school year.  I fully committed to this year, certainly on paper, but more importantly, in my heart.  Helping your child explore and experience music is fervently important to me, and you can be confident that I will remain dedicated until that last bell rings in June. 

I will be letting the children know over the next four days, face to face, class by class.   I tell you this information now so that we can say goodbye over the months to come, and return in January 2015, ready to spend one final, amazing semester together. 

You have my deepest gratitude for allowing me the chance to walk alongside your children.  What blessings you have been to me.

Sincerely,

Brenda L. Greenwald

1 comment:

Kat said...

How very exciting! And yet I know it must be very difficult as well. Change can be so scary and yet it is the only way we can become who we are meant to be.
Sending you prayers on your new adventure!
Congratulations!